http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: I think Nina sometimes wishes she was an only child

Sunday, August 25, 2013

I think Nina sometimes wishes she was an only child

Last night while we were brushing teeth, Nina picked up my birth control pills and asked what they were for. I told her they were pills that made me not have another baby.

"Oh, good!" she said, with a huge smile. "Because we don't want another... " (voice trails off and she points to Maggie). Can't say I blame the poor kid; she and Maggie get along great, but it takes a lot of effort on Nina's part to keep things running smoothly, and she just can't envision another one. Can't say I disagree, sweet little Nina.

So this evening when she and Maggie were getting ready for bed, I was finishing painting one little part of the wall I hadn't gotten to yet in the entry way (the wall that was at my back in the pictures), and Nina walked up to me with a glass of water and my pack of pills.

"Here you go!" she said cheerfully. "You don't want to forget to take these tonight!"

Ha!! She's not kidding when she says she doesn't want another sibling!

1 comment:

Oma said...

Awwww ... but what about falling asleep holding hands? Can't do that as an only child! I guess it has its pros and cons .... ask Nick.