http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Two quick funnies

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Two quick funnies

Yesterday at the museum, there was a fountain out in front that was covered for the winter. On the (wooden) cover was a sign that said "Besteigen verboten." I read it aloud to the girls and said, "Well verboten means forbidden, but I'm not sure what 'besteigen' means... maybe climbing?" and Nina said, "It means totally."

Totally forbidden! It actually does mean climbing, but for some reason this just cracked me up. Nick said "bestens" does mean totally, so maybe she just confused it. Either way, I like her translation better.

The other cute was when Maggie came up to me and said, "Do you know how to make pink?" and I pretended I didn't so she could tell me, and she said, "you mix a little bit of red, a little bit of blue, some white, and, voilĂ ! Pink!"

VoilĂ ! She also got some marker on my sheets this afternoon and said, "Mom, come quick! This is tragic!"

These kids are non-stop laughs!

No comments: