http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: When Mom is sick, we watch bad TV...

Thursday, July 25, 2013

When Mom is sick, we watch bad TV...

I am so, so sick. It's ridiculous. I don't think I'm as sick as I was the time I got tonsillitis, but there's still time for me to get worse, so I don't want to make that call and then doom myself. See though, I'm barely coherent. I've had a fever since Monday, which I think is getting better but it's hard to say. Actually, it'd just be faster to give you the symptoms I don't have: vomiting or diarrhea.

Anyway, so the girls and I watched like 3 episodes of "Naked and Afraid" on the Discovery Channel last night. It's a survivor kind of show, only they drop 2 people (a man and a woman) off at some God-awful place (Africa, jungle, deserted island), NAKED, and see if they can survive for 21 days.

We were quite disappointed to see that they blur out everything except butts. America, what's wrong with you! Go through all that work to film naked people only to blur out the goods! It was still interesting, though. In all three episodes the men got sick and the women had to do everything. This has done nothing to improve the male image in Nina and Maggie's minds.

Well anyway, the girls were playing Naked and Afraid all morning. They "made" themselves jungle leaf clothes so they weren't actually naked, then they built this fantastic survival shelter:

My family room still looks like this...


Then that got boring so Nina dressed up like Nick and Maggie put on my clothes. (The hat is just there to keep her hair up, not because Nick's taken to wearing pink straw hats. Not that there'd be anything wrong with it if he did).

Ok, I'm too tired to write any more. Cross your fingers that I feel much better tomorrow!

No comments: