http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Carnival!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Carnival!

Instead of Fat Tuesday, the Austrians (and Germans and Swiss, according to Wikipedia) celebrate Fasching. Pretty much the same thing though! The girls both had costume parties at school. Maggie's was yesterday:
She was a princess! She wore her prettiest pink pajamas, a tiara, earrings, a necklace, and a ring. So cute! Pretty much every other girl in her class was a princess too. Adorable! They had cookies and a puppet show, and probably some more stuff, but since Maggie only stays for 2 hours, that's all she got to do.
Nina's party was today, and she was a witch!

She had a great time. They did potato sack racing and had a disco dance party in one room. No schoolwork at all today, just fun. They were even told to not bring backpacks to school, so no homework due and none assigned.

What fun! Maine needs to get in on the Mardi Gras celebration. It's such a fun part of the darkest, coldest part of the year.

In related news, Maggie and I were discussing Lent, and I tried to get her to agree to stop eating her boogers for it. No go. She says she's going to be nicer to Nina, I'll take that. She also rejected giving up talking about killing people and giving up talking about hating people. Nina's going to give up whining. The girls suggest I give up my laziness. Am I lazy? Yes, they say I am. Ouch. Well I am typing this as I lie on the bed, so maybe they have a point...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Glad they had fun!! Nina, you look fabulous! You too Princess Maggie!