http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: So much rain!!

Monday, June 4, 2012

So much rain!!

According to my friend with an official weather thing on her roof, Boothbay got 7.26 inches of rain from Saturday through today. Craziness! There's been minor ponding on Route 27 and even a spillover from the Adam's Pond drainage pond onto Adam's Pond Road (the section that was formerly Dover Rd.) Fortunately whatever problem our basement was having seems to have resolved itself and we didn't get inches (or more!) of water in the basement. So hooray for that!

We're definitely getting sick of it all though. It's let up a few times, and we were outside in the drizzle some, but it's been so cold (55 today) and windy that it just hasn't been any fun out there. I'm sure my garden is going to be a moldy pile of mush by the time the sun comes out again (they're predicting Thursday at this point), but whatever. Worrying about it won't get me anywhere. Mushrooms are popping up all over it though, that's all I'm going to say. Fungus.

Nina said something at dinner today that totally cracked me up, and I can't remember!! Mom or dad, remind me if you think of it. Maybe sleeping on it tonight will help.

Nina and I seem to be coming down with a head cold. She's been coughing and sneezing a lot, and my throat's been sore for a few days. Plus now I'm sneezing too. Hopefully it's just a tiny thing, but I'd really like to see that cough get better. Poor little Nina!!

No comments: