http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: No more opera!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

No more opera!

Wow did my plans backfire, as always.

I thought I was doing a good thing by exposing the kids to opera early on. They love Carmen; they always sing along in the car. And they love The Phantom of the Opera. They can sing "Angel of Music" and "All I Ask of You" all day long. They do! But I wasn't expecting to have to play Ponies Reverses Angry Birds--Opera Version for hours and hours with Maggie.

But I do. And it's my own fault.

It must be hysterical from Nick's perspective. Though, I guess not, since he puts in his headphones and ignores us. It can't be Maggie's singing he's escaping from, because she sounds too adorable. It must be mine. How rude! Anyway, today the Angry Birds, Belle, Ariel, and Prince Charming were evil and kidnapped some of the ponies. The ponies kept escaping (Elmo and the naked troll were the bumbling guards, and they kept losing their prisoners. That was all me, I'm hysterical). Then Prince Charming put on his magic sash and got some ponies back. He even ended up flying through the air, suspended by that cord that's still tied to the upstairs balcony. It was really quite the performance. And, true to opera form, all of the dialogue was sung. It actually gets really tiring to sing opera for an hour and a half. And the constant creativity demanded of me (I mean, I can't just keep singing the same melodies) is exhausting. My throat is sore right now, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting sick, or because Prince Charming sings in a really loud, deep voice.

I'll try to get some of it on video. I'll have to see if there's an editing program on this computer, otherwise I'll have a bunch of clips that won't really flow well into a story. Well, I'll see what I can do. No promises.

1 comment:

Oma said...

I'm looking forward!!!