http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: I really have to limit Maggie's TV more

Friday, May 11, 2012

I really have to limit Maggie's TV more

Or I don't know, maybe it's not that she watches too much TV. She usually watches 2 cartoons in the morning (generally My Little Pony or Strawberry Shortcake, sometimes this weird British Cartoon called Puppy in my Pocket, which isn't really about puppies in people's pockets), and then sometimes in the afternoon she'll watch an episode of iCarly with Nina.

I say this because I was watching Strawberry Shortcake with her this morning, and a commercial for grout whitener came on. Maggie was excited for me, because she knows how much I battle to keep our kitchen grout white (white kitchen grout, can you tell the previous owner was a bachelor?! It was gleaming white when we moved in. Now... I don't want talk about it). Anyway, Maggie very excitedly told me "It cleans and whitens your grout!" I said, "Oooh, I want that!" and Maggie said, "Wait until you see how many colors it comes in!" She was seriously excited too. And, it comes in 5 colors, in case you are curious. Maggie asked me if i wanted the terra cotta. I had to laugh! Terra cotta, in my kitchen!

Later, she was pooping, and I was keeping her company by standing just outside the door. She announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, hold your noses! I'm pooping!" and I just cracked up. Her latest bathroom gag is to pee, get 3 or 4 squares of toilet paper, and then walk through the house looking for me in order to ascertain that she has the proper amount of toilet paper. By the time she finds me there's pee dripping on her leg, and the rest of her has air-dried. I think she does it just to annoy Nick.

Unfortunately, our little princess had 2 falls today. :-( It was the worstest day ever, and her life is ruined. If an overly-dramatic teen Maggie ever tells me or Nick that we've ruined her life, I'll say, "HA! Joke's on you! We ruined your life on May 11, 2012, so it was already ruined and you should be used to it by now! And I have PROOF!" Yup, that'll end any problems right there.

No comments: