http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: The weeks just fly by!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The weeks just fly by!

I can't believe it's Thursday already. Excuse me, I mean Friday Eve. Or perhaps we should switch that to Fridmas Eve? Happy Fridmas Eve everyone!

Things are peachy-keen over here. I had a fairly easy week at school on account of having given tests in 4 of my 5 classes. Boy, giving tests is a heck of a lot easier than taking them! I do have to grade them, but c'est la vie, right? Oh wait, I give the final test tomorrow. So, three down, one to go.

I got a really cool new app for my physics class. It allows me to analyze videos frame-by-frame and mark the position of something (say, a ball being tossed in the air). Then it takes each mark and makes a plot that we can analyze. Fun fun fun! Tomorrow we're going to video potatoes we shoot from the potato gun that one of my students built (you know it's Maine when you ask the kids if anyone has a good potato gun and you get a bunch of yesses) and analyze that motion. I'm not sure the iPad camera is going to be able to pick up a flying potato from the 50-yard line, but we'll see. Worst case scenario, we waste a day playing out in the sun with a potato gun. Win-win.

Nina and Maggie have had great weeks. Nina was doing math homework tonight, and among her problems was 53 + ________ = 100. She had to show her work, so underneath the correct answer (47) she wrote "I thot in my head"

Ha!

Other brilliant observations were on problem number three ( _______ + 63 = 100), underneath which she wrote:
6 + 4 = 10
60 + 40 = 100
                (But Look)
                 7 +  3 = 10
63 + 37 = 100

I love how her brain works! She's just so smart!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Impressive!

Oma said...

I agree with Vanessa, but I need an explanation of that last one ... (and I might not even understand the explanation! Hopeless!)