http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: First day!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First day!

Another school year already, I just can't believe it! Here's Maggie on her FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!:

She's looking about as excited as she felt. It was only 7 am though, and Maggie's not a morning girl.

Nina was much more excited for her day!

Here they are together.  Nina's enthusiasm is starting to rub off on Maggie.

Note that there's no photo of Mommy on her first day. Nick said he'd take one of me at the top of the hill waiting for the bus, then he forgot the camera. D'oh.

Our days were great though! Only freshman and foreign students went to high school today and I don't have many of those, so it was a pretty relaxed day. I got all my teacher-y photocopying done and moved some stuff from last year's classroom into this years, so it was productive anyway. Plus I had time to have lunch with both girls, which was very nice. In the future I'll only have about 25 minutes for lunch, so I'll try to dash over there when I can (especially on those days where my free period falls right after lunch), but generally I won't have such a leisurely hour to spend with them.

Maggie's big news is that she talked today! The librarian talked to them about stories, then they took turns telling stories. And Maggie told a story! Of course, it was the gruesome ghost horror story that she heard at Burnt Island this summer (the one where the wife finds her husband pinned by the hands and feet to the wall with knives and a knife through his throat, with a note stuck to the end of the neck knife that read, "The ghost did this and you're next." Nice. Way to start the year with a bang little girl. I'm sure I'll be hearing from the school psychologist before long.)

Nina finds third grade boring so far. She thought it was going to be challenging, but they pretty much just got a tour of the classroom. Maybe tomorrow? Well, she can always come to my classroom for some challenges! I don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing, and anything that kid can explain to me will be most welcome.

When we got home, we encountered the most unusual situation on the trampoline:

Well shoot, it's not uploading to blogger or you tube. Stay tuned. I will tell you that it involves a bouncing house... very exciting.

Tomorrow's another big day! School's out at 1:30 but I have to stay for meetings until 3, so I think the plan is for the girls to go home with mom.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Adorable and so grown-up looking! Too funny about the scary story. I'm glad your day went well. Looking forward to hearing about your first week when we next talk!