http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Family room update!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Family room update!

Well, what an exciting weekend! One of the teachers at my school had a couch he needed to get rid of, and I decided that it was much cuter than the one currently in our family room. So he dropped it off on Saturday and behold, a new look!:


It's slightly smaller than the old couch (the bed inside is a full versus a queen in the old one), but the huge plus is that it gives us room for the old armchair and ottoman, so it actually increases our sitting area. Woo hoo! Plus, I love love love being able to put my feet straight up in front of me while I watch TV in the evening. And as unattractive as that orange lounge chair is, it is DARN comfortable.

I put a photo of the old couch on our Boothbay Yardsale Online Facebook group and it was gone in 10 minutes. One of the reasons I hesitated to get rid of the old couch was because I didn't want it to wind up in a landfill, so I was so relieved that it got a taker.

Finally, here's a cute from Friday evening: Maggie was telling us about things that she'd learned in gym class that day, and she said, "I learned about a muscle... is there a muscle named meat strings?" I had no idea what she was talking about but then she said, "Oh, I mean hamstrings!"

Ha! Meat strings! So close, yet so far!

1 comment:

Oma said...

New sofa looks nice! Is it comfy?
"Meatstrings!" Cute! How about "salamistrings"?F