http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: I have a third grader and a kindergartener!!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I have a third grader and a kindergartener!!

Where has the time gone??


Just look at these big little girls! Actually, Maggie's been a kindergartener since yesterday, as Wednesday was her last day of school. We found out that she'll have Mrs. Spaulding for Kindergarten, a lovely teacher who Nina had last year for first grade. Great news!


After school got out today, the girls and I headed down to Hendrick's Head to celebrate with some friends. It wasn't super warm (maybe 60 even at the beach), but we Mainers don't need heat to have fun at the beach.


There was a whole gaggle of kids hunting for (the boys) and saving (the girls) periwinkles, and they had a grand old time.



They're tired now, though. Maggie flipped out when she found out we were having spaghetti and sausages for dinner. She'd thought we were having chicken, rice, and broccoli because that was what she'd requested, but she didn't know I'd lazed out and made something easier. So when she found out, she wailed.

"My heart is broken," she sobbed. "It couldn't be more broken. I'll never love you again."

Because I'd made spaghetti. This is the life I live.

Eventually she numbed to the horror of my dinner and ate some. But then an hour or so later she asked for vanilla ice cream for dessert, and of course it fell upon me to explain that we were out of vanilla. You can imagine how that went over.

"You're the worst mother ever," and "this is the worst day ever" were among the best. But go ahead and try to point out that 4 hours at the beach can hardly qualify as "worst day ever," and break out the photos to prove your point, and I guarantee you're just going to make the tantrum worse...

No comments: