http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream

Monday, December 28, 2009

yesterday we saw paul, sarah, and their son connor. it was great fun, and we left late, hoping that the girls would sleep in the car on the way home. and they did, once we hit edgecomb... of course. so an hour with everyone awake but maggie on the edge of flipping out, 10 minutes of kids sleeping peacefully in the back. yup, that's our girls! poor nina was exhausted too, maggie was the one keeping her awake.

so, when we got home, i managed to put maggie down in her crib without waking her up, but nina did wake up. very very tired still, she brushed her teeth and got into her jammies, and i laid down with her until she fell asleep.

after a few minutes of lying there in bed (and after saying her dream prayers. she said, "i wish i would dream that i could fly." and then a few minutes later changed her mind and said, "i wish i would dream that i'm a mermaid."), my tummy made a noise. here's how the exchange went down:

me: "my stomach growled."
nina: "no, it was my stomach."
me: "is your tummy hungry for a snack now, or for pancakes in the morning?"
nina: "for pancakes in the morning."
me: "ok, i'll make them in the morning."
nina: "actually, my stomach wasn't growling, it was snoring."

haha! what a funny kid she is!

1 comment:

Oma said...

I love it! Nina's "snoring stomach"!