http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: VACATION!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

VACATION!

Yay! I can't wait to catch up on my laundry and wax the floors. Damn I need a new hobby!

Vacation started off with a bang--a 2 hour delay at school! Which means for the second day in a row, I got up at 5:30. I really wish they'd make these calls the night before instead of leaving me anticipating an early phone call. I never sleep well when I'm expecting the call.

Then, since school was on after all, I had to get right up and make Nina's granola bars for her class Valentine's Day party. Then between the regular morning routine and all the shoveling, we barely got out the door on time. It was a heavy, wet snow, too, so my boots and pants were just soaked by the time I got done out there.

School was a breeze though, because we had two poorly-attended classes, one 15 minutes shorter than usual, and then winter carnival. I didn't get enough kids for trivia, so I went to the nail polishing, henna tattoos, and cookie decorating events. I have sparkly fingernails, a henna crescent, and I made off with two cookies and the rest of the tub of almond joy frosting.

The frosting thing actually got me a bit angry. All of the staff was like, "O-M-G are you eating that frosting from the tub?" and I was like, "Yes. And I'm going to finish it. Just look away if it bothers you." But after a while it was sitting kinda heavy so I set it down on the gym floor (the kids were competing in events and we were all in the gym), then 15 minutes later I went back for it and it was gone!

Gone!

I would gladly have shared it if anyone else wanted to lick frosting off of the plastic butterknife after me, but I don't think that was it. I think someone was jealous of my ability to consume seemingly limitless amounts of sugar without gaining weight and tossed it. That's what I think.

I'm going to let it go this time, because it was only like a tablespoon, and any more probably would have made me really sick to my stomach, but I'll also never forget. And never set my frosting down again, apparently.

No comments: