http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: It's a nor'easter

Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's a nor'easter

We ended up with an early release from school today. Conveniently, they made the call for the early release before school started, so everyone could plan accordingly. Unfortunately, they make these calls at 5 am, so I got a phone call at 5:30. It's an automated call, I don't answer it, but then the voicemail makes a noise a minute after the initial call, and the dogs get even more riled up, and the kids get woken up. So maybe I should answer... instead though I go on facebook and see what the deal is.

And this morning, the deal was that school would let out at 11:30. That meant my last class at the high school got out 10 minutes early, which was fun for everyone. Especially me. :-)

It's really snowing out there too! We've gotten about 6 inches so far, and it's still coming down. It might switch over to rain (it sounds like sleet/frozen rain is already mixing in), so not sure what the total will be. It's supposed to finally wind down around noon tomorrow, so probably no school then either. Which means it's the first night of winter vacation! Woo hoo! Just cross your fingers that we don't lose power.

Unfortunately for me, I left my iPad charger at school. Grrr!! That means I have to use my other MacBook ALL VACATION LONG, which is depressing because it's old and slow. Oh, woe is me. I have my iPad mini too of course, but I don't know if I can stand using this elephant for a week and a half.

I'm sure I'll have a ton of snowman and snow fort photos to post tomorrow. A snowstorm, what a great way to start winter vacation!

No comments: