http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Maggie is really starting to read

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Maggie is really starting to read

I've been meaning to post about this, but I keep forgetting (second child syndrome!!). Maggie's reading is coming along great. She carefully sounds out words and can read pretty much any Kindergarten-level book.

Well, the other night she was reading "Ten Little Ladybugs" to me and Nina before bed, and she was doing a fantastic job. When she got to "Three little ladybugs, drinking up dew..." she struggled with three (the th is still tricky). She said, "tuh-huh," and I helped her sound out "three."

And she said, "THWEE? TH-THWEE? My whole life I thought it was FWEE and it's THWEE? What the heck!!"

AAGGHH!! So cute!! My whole life I thought it was fwee but it's thwee! I hate when I have those life-long misconceptions too. I know your pain, Maggie!

No comments: