http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Festival of Trees weekend

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Festival of Trees weekend

Big day yesterday! I would have blogged about it last night, but it was so big that I conked out right after the girls did!

It started with the arrival of Santa at Pier 6, which we have no pictures of, because the camera batteries died and I didn't have the Lego camera with me. But dad got some pictures and I'll put those up when I get my hands on them.

Edit: Dad put them up. Here's the Novelty, bringing in Santa, Mrs. Claus, and even a Christmas lobster!



After Santa's arrival we took a horse-drawn carriage ride around town:


Me, Nina, Nina's friend Grace, the back of Maggie's purple head, and Grandma

Next we sat on his lap to ask for more presents at Sherman's. Santa remembered Maggie from last week! He asked what she wanted for Christmas and she said, "a Pinkie Cooper doll," (which sounds like 'Pinkie Coopah' when she says it), and he said, "Hey, I remember you!" What can I say, she's a memorable kid. While they've both expressed doubts about Santa, and Maggie has outright stated that she doesn't believe, they both found this to be very convincing. Who else but the real Santa could possibly have been at both places and remember them?

After Santa was story time at Shermans:

Look at us, enjoying a Christmas-y story.

This is her focusing face. Don't confuse it with her bored face!

and then we raced off to the church for the live nativity.

Check out these angels:


Here's Nina on the altar with the rest of the nativity crowd, looking beautiful.

And here's Maggie, quickly souring on the whole experience...

Maggie's was God's sad little angel I guess, because about 1/2 way through the 10 minute event she started pouting, and by 3/4 of the way through she looked like this. Shortly after I took this picture she quit altogether and sat with me. Oh well, it was cute while it lasted.

Then we grabbed a pizza real quick, stuffed our faces, and passed out.

Today we're going to get our tree! No down time until January!

No comments: