http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Nina, my morbid little drama queen

Monday, November 26, 2012

Nina, my morbid little drama queen

A few nights ago the girls were playing baby before bed. Nina was crawling on the floor (pretending she couldn't walk yet) and somehow ended up with rug burn on her knee. She didn't notice it until she was lying quietly in bed, but then it started to hurt. So, we put some neosporin with pain relief and a bandaid on it, and sent her back to bed.

She lay there, whimpering quietly. Then she said, "At least when it hurts, I know I'm still alive. The only thing worse than this pain would be dying."

How did I end up with such morbid children? Well, at least she prefers the pain to death. I think that's a good thing, right?

Fortunately, she's recovering from her injury. God forbid the child suffer the pain of a paper cut though! The horror!

No comments: