http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Not much to report...

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not much to report...

School is, on the whole, continuing to go well. Maggie is excited to go every morning, but still needs me to hang around for about 15 minutes and color with her first thing, so that she can adjust to being there. No big deal, though, I've colored some fantastic pictures. Last week I did a rendition of dogs playing poker, only with ponies. It's hanging up on my bedroom wall now, but I can indulge you with a picture if you'd like. Today Maggie requested I draw ponies playing cars, so I did. Not quite as artistically inspired as my cards scene, but interesting nonetheless. Anyway, she's still staying for between an hour and an hour and a half. Generally she runs over to me when I pick her up and almost starts to cry. I give her a hug, she tells me she missed me (near tears) then quickly hops down from my arms and runs off to show me what she's done that day. By the time we're actually heading out the door she's all smiles and see-you-tomorrows. The articles on the web say it's common for kids to cry at pickup even if they've had great days just because they're a little emotionally overwhelmed. But it's important to remember that it doesn't mean they didn't have a great time.

Nina is likewise a little hot and cold on school. She'll often say before bed and in the morning that she doesn't want to go, or that she remembers how nervous she felt in the first few days and that makes her nervous again. Last week I told her about this woman I read about in yahoo who went to the doctor complaining of ear pain, and it turned out she had a spider in her ear. It had been there for like a week. The yahoo article even included a picture of the spider within the ear, how unnecessary is that? So I asked Nina, I bet you'd rather be going to school today than have a spider in your ear, right? And she agreed. Perspective. There's always someone out there worse off than you.

It kind of worked, except now we have to pretend the ponies have spiders in their ears all the time. In a funny way though, not in a scary way. So it's all good.

And to think no one has awarded me mother of the year yet... I've been robbed.

No comments: