http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: nina learns a lot of songs at preschool

Saturday, November 15, 2008

nina learns a lot of songs at preschool

you all remember the farmer in the dell, right? nina must have learned it in preschool and has been singing it lately. it goes like this:

the farmer in the bowl
the farmer in the bowl
hi ho delario
the farmer in the bowl


i tried to correct her lyrics but she's having none of that. "no, it's hi ho de-LAR-ee-oo!"

ok ma'am!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

reminds me of a favorite story my parents tell, about me.

when i was four (?) we went to bermuda with my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and my cousins. when we got back, my father had his study group from EMBA class over for a weekly study session.

i overheard someone ask my father how the trip to bermuda had gone.

"it's pronounced bramuda," i interrupted.

"honey, do you mean ber-mu-da?" someone gently corrected me.

"no! read my lips! BRA-MU-DA!" i announced.

yeah, they're getting a lot of mileage out of that one to this day.