http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Doin' math

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Doin' math

The girls and I are doing math on Khan Academy this summer. I'm reviewing my probability and statistics because I'm teaching that second semester, Nina's doing 3rd and 4th grade math, and Maggie is doing their early math curriculum.

A few times a day you can do a "Mastery Challenge," and Maggie had one with a clock face but no numbers. Tricky! So I said to her,

"Maggie, what time is it on this clock?"

And she said, "Is this a 'what does the clock say' question?"

And I said, "yes."

And she said, "The clock says 'Tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock, DONG... DONG... DONG!'" then giggled like the little punk maniac that she is.

Get it? What does the clock say? The clock says "tick-tock." Funny kid. I can't wait for her to learn telling time at school.

No comments: