http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: I tell you, the time just flies

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I tell you, the time just flies

How can it be Wednesday already?? I barely even remember Monday and Tuesday. I think they were good? Well the 4 of us are present and accounted for, so nothing too exciting could have happened.

On Friday, November 1, the first quarter grades close at the high school. That means we'll be 1/4 of the way though the year. What?!! Already?? This is going way too fast.

Teaching is going well though. I feel settled into a nice routine, and I can predict pretty well how the rest of the year will go. I know my kids and my classes, and I've gotten used to the ridiculously complicated schedule (it consists of B, R, H, and S days, which condense an 8 class load into 6 daily periods. So B days drop classes 1 and 8, R days drop 2 and 7, H days drop 3 and 6, and S days drop 4 and 5). On top of that, every Wednesday is early release, so each period is about 8 minutes shorter and the bells ring on a different schedule. Plus, on Wednesdays we have student support/homeroom time between periods 2 and 3 instead of between periods 1 and 2, and there's no locker break on those days. So when I said that the daily schedule is ridiculously complicated, you can see I wasn't exaggerating.

Tomorrow is my first day doing the Math Club at the elementary school, which is a fun birthday present for me. I love math! Nina and Maggie will tag along and participate as much as they like, even though it's for 5th through 8th grade.

That's all there is. The weather has finally dropped down into the 50s and there's a lovely fallish chill in the air. I love October!

1 comment:

Oma said...

Des, it is wonderful reading how happy you obviously are teaching! Good for you!!