http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: We're back!!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

We're back!!

We got back on Thursday night but I've been too busy and tired to blog until now. I'm still tired but I'm not busy at least, so here's a quick update.

The flight was excellent. We flew Iceland Air which broke up the trip nicely--three hours and 15 minutes to Iceland from Paris, then 5 hours to Boston. Our layover in Iceland was short, and I didn't have any trouble with customs. The woman did ask a few questions about why we were there so long and what we were doing, but I showed her the girls' Austrian citizenship documents and she was happy that we were on the up and up, so that was a relief. If they'd asked me a lot of questions, I could have missed the connecting flight and that would have been an awful pain.

Iceland Air didn't give free food (even for a trans-Atlantic flight!) and at first I thought that was going to be difficult, because all I had on me was 10 Euros to buy snacks, but then it turned out that they gave free food (and free headphones) to kids, so it was all good. The girls ate and watched a bunch of movies and before we knew it we were on the ground in Boston. Customs there didn't give me any trouble either, all they cared about was what I bought and whether I owed US taxes on it. I think they took pity on me too because the girls were exhausted and I was carrying Maggie plus all of our carry-on luggage. We were obviously all on the verge of a major melt-down. Customs guys don't want to listen to over-tired kids have tantrums.

Erik picked us up and we were in Boothbay at 10:10 (I told someone today that we got in at about 9 pm Thursday and mom says, "10:10!! I know because I was watching the clock!")

We're so happy to be back. We met up with a bunch of friends at the playground today and the girls had a great time playing. They're watching a movie now and barely awake so I'll put them to bed soon. Jet lag isn't too bad but we're definitely exhausted at bed time.

More later with Disney pictures!

1 comment:

Oma said...

Miss you terribly but happy that you're so happy to be back!