http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: Unglaublich

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Unglaublich

That's German for "unbelievable."

Nina and I have strep throat. We leave for Paris in 5 days!

I'm cursed, that's all there is to it. I missed my last Paris trip because I came down with the chicken pox three days before it, and now, here I am again... The Paris Curse.

Well, fortunately a doctor came by the house yesterday (a house call! I guess the government finds sending on-call doctors to people's houses to be more cost-effective than operating urgent care clinics). He wrote me and Nina a total of five prescriptions (an antibiotic each, something for my ridiculously swollen tonsils, a pain reliever for Nina, and medicated lozenges for my painful throat. Which really, really hurt a lot).

I'm feeling much better today than yesterday. My throat barely hurts any more, and my (very slight) fever is now gone. Maggie did have a sore throat overnight last night but seems better today, but I'll take her in to the doctor tomorrow anyway. I don't want her ending up with rhumatic fever. Can you get that from a mild case of strep that your body kicks on its own? Well, I'll ask the doctor. She doesn't have a fever or anything, so hopefully she won't need antibiotics too.

Mostly I'm just lying in bed this weekend. So much for deciding how to spend our last weekend in Baden!

No comments: